Monday, August 10, 2026

A Foggy Day in Acadia National Park Part Two

I missed the main trail and went down about a tenth of a mile to a pull out that I thought was the trailhead. I probably walked a quarter of a mile before deciding that I had missed the trail. Thus, I returned to the pull out and walked down the road a tenth of a mile to find the actual trailhead. Welcome to Day 7 Part two!


Another straight up rocky hike on this one. Had one foggy view in the distance on the way to the summit.



No view at the top but lush green pines amidst the rocky terrain made for a pleasant spot to rest and absorb Mother Nature.



Me and Puffy hanging out at 407 feet. They may not stand tall like the ones out West, but you still have to climb to get to the top!


Back to the car and a little stop at an inlet along the way.



I was going to stop at Sand Beach for some hikes, but that place was nuts. Parking lot was full and people parked in the right lane for a mile past the parking lot.

I read an article a few months ago where the author was talking about National Parks that you could visit and avoid the crowds. Acadia was at the top of the list. I’d like to smack that guy!

The Bubbles are two summits located thankfully past Jordan Pond parking lot. With bathrooms and a visitor center this place was also packed. But then again, so was the Bubbles trailhead. I got the very last parking spot. I had no other place to hike past this and the road had just changed back to two way so there was no going back!


A little more than a quarter mile is the junction to both Bubbles. The North Bubble looked a bit rougher so I decided to do that one first. I was correct in my assumption.



 
The trail was predominantly rocks and rock steps most of the way to the top. Each Bubble is a .3 mile hike, but it is all climbing and mostly rock on the North Bubble.


The North Bubble sits at 872 feet and on a clear day you might have some views. That day was not today!



Back down to the junction to begin the climb up to the South Bubble.


Somewhat less rocky until you get toward the top. On a clear day you would likely have some great views on the 736 foot summit.



Walking out on Bubble rock there are lots of places that probably have views; but not today. Still, I hiked to several summits and thankfully did not get rained on. That was surprising given all the fog.


I was really thankful that Shelly stayed back and we would have a shot at hopefully better weather tomorrow. She had a great day hanging out at our beautiful AIRBNB watching deer and just chillin’ while the old man did his thing climbing up mountains!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment